Job Posting: Interior Designer
Leclair Decor is growing! What started as our little company has just had its biggest year yet, thanks to our amazing clients and equally amazing staff. With the opening of our new design studio and tons of exciting new projects and plans around the corner, we’re again looking to expand our design team.
About the Job
Officially, you’ll be an Interior Designer. Unofficially, we all do a bit of everything around here and you’ll have to be ready to wear many hats. We’re looking for a passionate, talented, hard working interior designer who will eventually take on a client roster and bring a unique design and business perspective to our collaborative company. Your main focus will be design and project management, but our staff are always down to help out wherever they’re needed. Egos are left at the door and we make great stuff happen as a team.
We’re looking to hear from you if you:
- have a degree in Interior Design & 1-2 years of field experience
- are a people person with strong and clear communication skills
- are a team player with no qualms about taking feedback and learning from the whole crew
- have a driver’s license and daily access to a reliable car
- know your way around modelling & rendering software (AutoCAD, Rhino, Photoshop)
- are extremely organized, detail oriented, and self motivating – no babysitters here!
- have great style, an eye for design, and can get creative and think outside the box
- are known as a person who gets. things. done. Without being asked? Even better.
- want to work in a beautiful environment with great people who genuinely love their jobs
About the 9-5 (or 6…or 7)
Our next interior designer will be working out of our brand new design studio on Canotek Rd. in the east end of Ottawa. You should expect busy & sometimes long workdays that are never quite the same. You’ll be doing things like:
- meeting potential clients for the first time and putting the company’s best face forward
- design proposals; budgets, contracts, epic moodboards
- 3D modelling and rendering (for other team members as well, this one’s a biggie!)
- complete project management; timeline, budget, every little detail etc.
- install days: assembling/moving furniture, hanging art, styling, packing out garbage
- creating detailed order lists and project tracking sheets
- ongoing correspondence with clients, trades, suppliers, retailers, etc.
- anything that makes anyone else’s life easier around here!
If you just read this and thought “THIS IS ME” – we want to hear from you. Shoot a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why we need you on our team.
Resumes are great but while you’re at it, show us your style! We’d love to see your Instagram, blog, Pinterest page, or any past work you’re proud of. Mood boards, renderings, portfolio photos are great too – let’s see it all!
Wage to be negotiated based on education/experience.