Job Posting: Junior Designer
Leclair Decor is growing! What started as our little company has just had its biggest year yet, thanks to our amazing clients and equally amazing staff. With the opening of our new design studio and showroom, we’re again looking to expand our team.
About the Job
Officially, you’ll be Junior Designer. That said, we’re looking for someone motivated who can wear many hats. We’re looking for someone to support our senior design staff, assist the creative team, help maintain the design studio, and take on daily tasks related to LD Shoppe.
We’re looking to hear from you if:
- You have interior decorating/design schooling and/or two years of relevant experience
- Are a reliable, motivated self-starter (taking initiative is huge in this role!)
- Are comfortable working in a supporting role
- Have a great attitude and eagerness to learn and grow within the company
- Have a reliable car
- Bilingual (French & English)
- AutoCAD experience
- Photoshop experience
- Excel experience
- Strong writing skills
- Retail and customer service experience
About the 9-5 (or 6…or 7)
Our newest Junior Designer will be working out of our brand new design studio on Canotek Rd. in the east end of Ottawa. You should expect busy & sometimes long work days that are never quite the same. This position is a supporting role with lots of opportunity for growth within the company for the right candidate. Every day is different (which we think is awesome!), but your main duties will include:
- Attending consults with senior designers
- Assisting with design & project admin (budgets, sourcing, scheduling, ordering, etc.)
- Assisting with LD Shoppe operations (managing orders, shipping, deliveries, etc.)
- Creating blog and social media content
- Studio maintenance (organizing samples, merchandizing, pricing, warehouse maintenance, etc.)
This role demands a person who can wear many hats and take initiative to get things done wherever needed. Our company is multi-faceted, taking our team in many different directions every day, so you’ll need to be a ‘yes’ person who can roll with the punches and embrace challenges. Above all, you have to be a team player. We leave egos at the door here and get stuff done as a team. We’re happy to teach you if you’re happy to learn!
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, with the exception of special event weekend sales.
Send resume, cover letter and any relevant portfolio work to: email@example.com