Job Posting: Design Assistant
Leclair Decor is growing again! We are busier than ever with many exciting design projects on the go, and we are seeking an enthusiastic and hardworking design assistant to help keep our wheels turning at top speed.
About the Job
Officially, you’ll be Design Assistant. That said, we’re looking for someone motivated who can wear many hats. We’re looking for someone to support our senior design staff, assist the creative team, help maintain the design studio, and take on daily tasks related to LD Shoppe.
We’re looking to hear from you if you:
- Are a reliable, motivated self-starter (taking initiative is huge in this role!)
- Are comfortable working in a supporting role
- Have a great attitude and eagerness to learn and grow within the company
- Bilingual (French & English)
- AutoCAD experience
- Photoshop experience
- Excel experience
- Strong writing skills
- Retail and customer service experience
- Diploma or degree in design related field
About the 9-5
Our Design Assistant will be working out of our brand new design studio on Canotek Rd. in the east end of Ottawa. You should expect busy work days that are never quite the same. This position is a supporting role with lots of opportunity for growth within the company for the right candidate. Every day is different (which we think is awesome!), but your main duties will include:
- Attending consults with senior designers
- Assisting with design & project admin (budgets, sourcing, scheduling, ordering, etc.)
- Assisting with LD Shoppe operations (uploading products, shipping, deliveries, writing quirky product descriptions etc.)
- Assisting in creating blog and social media content
- Studio maintenance (organizing samples, merchandizing, pricing, warehouse & studio maintenance, etc.)
This role demands a person who can wear many hats and take initiative to get things done wherever needed. Our company is multi-faceted, taking our team in many different directions every day, so you’ll need to be a ‘yes’ person who can roll with the punches and embrace challenges. Above all, you have to be a team player. We leave egos at the door here and get stuff done as a team. We’re happy to teach you if you’re ready to learn and grow!
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, with the exception of special event weekend sales.
Starting wage: $14/hr
Send resume, cover letter, social media links and any relevant portfolio work to: firstname.lastname@example.org