Job Posting: Full Time LD Shoppe Assistant Manager
LD Shoppe is growing again! We are busier than ever with many exciting things on the go and are seeking an enthusiastic and hardworking assistant manager to help keep our wheels turning at top speed.
About the Job
Officially, you’ll be the Assistant Manager. That said, we’re looking for someone motivated who can wear many hats and take on any tasks that come their way. We’re looking for someone to assist the manager and ensure operational tasks and procedures are successful as well as opening and closing routines are completed, all while keeping the customer the centre of everything we do.
We’re looking to hear from you if you:
- Are a reliable, motivated self-starter (taking initiative is huge in this role!)
- Are comfortable working in a supporting role (we are all about a fun team vibe!)
- Can communicate effectively (chat it up!)
- Have a great attitude and eagerness to learn and grow within the company
- Understand style, design, and love to be creative
- Are detail oriented and can keep things organized!
- Bilingual (French & English)
- Photoshop experience
- Excel experience
- Shopify experience
- General knowledge of computers and mobile devices.
- 2 years Retail and customer service experience!
About the 9-5
Our Assistant Manager will be working in our design studio/store on Canotek Rd. in the east end of Ottawa. You should expect busy work days that are never quite the same. This position is a supporting role with lots of opportunity for growth within the company for the right candidate. Every day is different (which we think is awesome!), but your main duties will include:
- Learning the systems to assist with the coordination of shipping and receiving.
- Learning the systems to assist with stock and general inventory management
- E-commerce site maintenance including product uploads and quality control
- Bring your muscles as you may need to move boxes and furniture from time to time.
- Creating social media content would be helpful if you’re up to it!
- Store maintenance (organizing samples, merchandising, pricing & warehouse, etc.)
- Thrive in a team environment as well as show leadership capabilities.
- Of course the most important be uber helpful with all our wonderful customers!
This role demands a person who can wear many hats and take initiative to get things done wherever needed. Our company is multi-faceted, taking our team in many different directions every day, so you’ll need to be a ‘yes’ person who can roll with the punches and embrace challenges. Above all, you have to be a team player. We leave egos at the door here and get stuff done as a team. We’re happy to teach you if you’re ready to learn and grow!
Hours: Open availability but Tuesday – Saturday to Start, 9-5 or 10-4 (Sat)
Wage/Salary: Based on experience.
Send resume, cover letter and a link to a social media account to: firstname.lastname@example.org