I know it seems a little off the cuff, but layering an area rug in your carpeted Master is completely acceptable.
A few of a fav’s in this photo include the oh-so-comfy Birdies Slippers to slip on once you roll out of bed. The lush and incredible soft Chevron Rug to take your cosy oasis to the next level. The Seagrass Wall Baskets adding a soft yet playful vibe to the space and the uber-functional and stylish Cylinder Wall Sconce.
A typical room would take an 8×10. In a larger space, you can opt for a 9×12 if you’re wanting to really cosy up the space or add extra visual impact. Our motto: bigger is always better, but always measure. Always double check you are buying the correct size for your space!
A quick reference is:
King Bed = 9 X 12′ Area Rug
Queen Bed = 8 x 10′ Area Rug
This week is all about Dining Rooms at Leclair Decor! We are going to give you some tips and tricks on how we like to style our dining rooms. What goes into the process and how we bring it all together. To top it off we will be running a 15% off Sale on everything in our Dining Room section! Use code diningevent15
Stay tuned to our insta-stories for additional tips!
Richcraft Beechside Model – Riverside South
We wanted to switch it up and infuse a little colour into this open concept main floor. Adding the teal not only gave a little personality to the space, it also made for visual separation allowing it to feel cozy in an open floorplan. We grounded the space using a large 8×10 White Fables rug. This not only adds contrast between the chairs and floor, it also softens the room. Every layer counts when putting together a wow space! Pairing the softer elements, like the Nicholas pendant with the more masculine pieces like the Ethan Chair make for a well-balanced space. This could easily be a softer more feminine room by doing one oversized mirror and a fabric light grey or cream chair. The playful wall display creates a fun atmosphere in the space. Don’t forget to mix it up! Mixing your metals and your woods in not only allowed, it’s encouraged! The floors in this home are quite grey. To warm it up we added hits of gold and warm wood tones like the Viveka Table !
Richcraft Ashmore Model – Trailsedge
One of our fav’s the Ashmore Dining room wows with its abundance of natural light and spacious size. It’s modern architecture lead the way for the furnishings to follow suit. Black and white played a big part in the overall design (a fav of ours obv!) and was the driving force behind all of our selections in this space. The oversized abstract Urban Faces art not only added to the style of the room it also helped to balance out the large windows. Chandeliers are oh so important (the jewellery of the room so they say) and this Atomica lighting fixture suits the space perfectly! The black Ripley dining chairs were an easy choice, as their open mid-century design adds visual appeal from every angle. The large 8×10 Barkley rug frames the space and adds that much-needed contrast between the table and the flooring.
- Are a reliable, motivated self-starter (taking initiative is huge in this role!)
- Are comfortable working in a supporting role (we are all about a fun team vibe!)
- Can communicate effectively (chat it up!)
- Have a great attitude and eagerness to learn and grow within the company
- Understand style, design, and love to be creative
- Are detail oriented and can keep things organized!
- Bilingual (French & English)
- Photoshop experience
- Excel experience
- Shopify experience
- General knowledge of computers and mobile devices.
- 2 years Retail and customer service experience!
- Learning the systems to assist with the coordination of shipping and receiving.
- Learning the systems to assist with stock and general inventory management
- E-commerce site maintenance including product uploads and quality control
- Bring your muscles as you may need to move boxes and furniture from time to time.
- Creating social media content would be helpful if you’re up to it!
- Store maintenance (organizing samples, merchandising, pricing & warehouse, etc.)
- Thrive in a team environment as well as show leadership capabilities.
- Of course the most important be uber helpful with all our wonderful customers!
We’re always on the lookout for new and inspiring pieces to bring something special to each of our clients’ homes. Here are a few of our current favourite pretty pieces that we may or may not have added to our own shopping carts 😉
1. Argyle Sconce Light 2. Brunswick Armchair 3. Audrey Cabinet 4. Burano White Leather Sling Bar Stools 5. Thornton Stripe Pearl Grey Pillow 6. Ophelia Ivory/Multi Rug 7. Oh Deer Mural Wallpaper 8. Outdoor Hanging White Chair 9. Porcelain Basketware 10. Shell Duvet
The hand illustrated digital design of this wallpaper featuring cute deer, white bunny rabbits and floral illustrations is sure to bring whimsy and intrigue to any space. We love it for a nursery or children’s room or play space.
Relaxing in one of these hanging chairs on my front porch (or near a sandy beach) is definitely on my bucket list!
We are just as excited about the long weekend as you are, so we are sharing the love! We are running 20% sitewide sale until Tuesday! Simply use code LABOURDAY20 at checkout to save those big bucks! Get ready to Shoppe! Additionally, to the online sale, we are having a showroom sale with up to 50% off floor models! Come on in and visit us this Saturday from 10-4!
Here are some of our favs being used in our Constance Bay Project.
With it being the month of Canada’s bday we are all about our homeland and all it has to offer! When you visit a local business, you keep more money in your local economy, support local jobs, help the environment, encourage community and invest in someone’s expertise. Win-win! We are taking strides and making a more conscious effort to shop close to home and find ways to support our community.
The grass is greener where you water it, so let’s water those Canadian roots! With so many incredible Canadian Brands to choose from, it’s really not difficult to keep those roots wet and this countries economy thriving. Maybe even a little too easy 😉
This little jumper is from a cute little portable store called The Fashion Truck Canada out of Toronto. You can find them at local events or throw your own little soiree with your friends and get shopping!
Let me know what some of your favourites are in the comment section below!
1. Planner 2. Love Fresh All Purpose Cleaner 3. Wunder Under Leggings 4. Pure Anada Mascara 5. The Ordinary Buffet Serum 6. Muttonhead Camping Hoodie 7. Matt & Nat Wedge 8. Sage Energy Roller 9. Wild Honey & Rose Candle 10. Pilot Coffee Roasters Heritage Coffee 11. Black Stripe Mug 12. Open Duo Studs
Over the years we had heard such amazing things about Austin, Texas. So when an opportunity came up to visit this past June, we couldn’t pass it up. We had been eyeing the Dallas trade market for some time and decided to pull the trigger this year, and we added a few days before the show to make time for stops in Austin and Waco.
Soon after we touched down in the Lone Star State, we visited the Central Standard Diner located in the South Congress hotel. From start to finish this place was the tops! Modern design and delicious food. Highly recommend.